Oberländer offers manual shears for shearing smaller amounts of manageable scrap, up to steel profiles with a cross-section of 240 mm. These Alligator shears type HS170 600-7.5 kW can quickly and safely cut through scrap, metal and cables with a shearing force of 170 tons, as well as remove composites such as tires from wheel rims.
The shears are delivered in a compact, mobile design for ergonomic handling. The hydraulics are housed in the base body of the shears. An anti-trap guard and a counter-holder ensure safe operation by the worker. The scissors are operated by a foot switch.
The rigid construction and the solid bearing of the shearing head using cast parts distinguishes the scissors from competitive products. Even when the shears are subjected to heavy loads, the shearing accuracy is maintained at the shearing gap, which ensures a long service life.
The Oberländer alligator shears have the following advantages over competitor products:
- The use of cast parts with higher strength and rigidity compared to cheaper flame-cut parts enables full use of the shearing force without distortion of the schear jaws.
- Patented arrangement of the shearing cylinder in the lower, protected construction and thus no obstruction by cylinder hoses and pipes in the operating area.
- Extra hold-down cylinder thus higher cutting force for the scissors instead of simply taking the hold-down device with you via the shearing function and thus reducing the shearing force.
- Compact enclosed hydraulic system, with easier access via an easily removable enclosure.
Various additional equipment is available for the scissors:
- roller conveyor for feeding long products;
- adjustable stops for setting fixed cutting lengths;
- Attachment stopper for cutting round material so that it does not slip out;
- central lubrication;
- Oil preheater for winter operation outdoors;
- Extra cooler for operation at high ambient temperatures (tropics);